Grčka leto | Letovanje u Turskoj | Bugarska | Letovanje u Hrvatskoj | Turizam Srbije

Pretraži turistički forum:

Preporuka:     Vremenska prognoza Beograd     Putopisi iz Turske     SEO cene    Euro to Dollars     Igrice za dečake     Hrono ishrana    Temperatura mora Grčka     Istanbul

Pokrenite novu temuReplicirajte Strana 1 od 1   [ 5 posts ]
Putopisac Poruka
 Naslov teme: Best and cheapest Moving within New York City?
ČlanakObjavljeno: Sre Apr 15, 2015 7:33 am 

Priključio se: Uto Nov 25, 2008 3:05 pm
Članaka: 185
Stanica: Belgrade - London - New York
Hi there, after logn time, again on travel forum!

At the moment I live in New York, for five years (Bronx).

I moved from England to NYC because of the college, and finally after so much time of waiting I got a decent job offer at the travel agency in Brooklyn.

And now I got this dilemma – should I move to Brooklyn (which wouldn’t be so traumatic if I hadn’t had so bad moving experience previously) or should I commute and lose a few hours on a daily basis traveling through New York?

Hope there are some New Yorkers out there to share their experience. Since I haven’t been living in NYC for a long time, I could use some pieces of advice.

I am waiting your replay

Naslov teme: Re: Best and cheapest Moving within New York City?
ČlanakObjavljeno: Čet Apr 16, 2015 9:14 am 

Priključio se: Pet Avg 12, 2011 2:50 pm
Članaka: 20
Hello @Traveler!

I live in Brooklyn at the moment and if you decide to move here, I could give you some useful information about the life on the other side of New York.

As for your dilemma, if I were you I would move to Brooklyn. You certainly cannot travel through NYC two times a day! Besides, Brooklyn is awesome!

I understand you completely since I had similar situation. I had the same dilemma a few years ago when I was offered a job in Atlantic Ave.

So I moved with my family and I didn't regret it. It turned out to be very wise decision. My wife also managed to find even better job here. After all, we’re in New York :)

You’ll see.

ČlanakObjavljeno: Čet Apr 16, 2015 10:46 am 

Priključio se: Uto Nov 25, 2008 3:05 pm
Članaka: 185
Stanica: Belgrade - London - New York
@Sasa, thank you very much for your feedback!

I was thinking a lot and I’m definitely moving to Brooklyn. I have some savings and I can afford a decent apartment. Since both of you live or lived in Brooklyn, could you, please share with me some information about moving? Is there any good moving company that you would recommend?

ČlanakObjavljeno: Čet Apr 16, 2015 10:14 pm 

Priključio se: Pet Avg 12, 2011 2:50 pm
Članaka: 20
@Traveler

You are welcome, but at the moment I can not remember phone contacts ... it has been a long time... use Google :) what to say :)

ČlanakObjavljeno: Čet Apr 16, 2015 10:40 pm 
Site Admin

Priključio se: Pet Sep 21, 2007 1:12 am
Članaka: 1301
Stanica: Beograd - Nis - Vranje - Caribrod
Hi, everyone! Good luck @Traveler with a new job! In my previous IT company I work 6 months in NYC and during those period we had two movings :)

Because of time optimization I'm sure that you've made right decision to move to Brooklyn. It will make your life much easier.

As for the moving, I know that it's just an additional stress, but you'll survive :)

First of all, you have to plan the moving thoughtfully and you can expect fine outcome. Take your time and ask your friends and family to help you out with this, because moving is all but easy.

In case you cannot arrange the moving process by yourself, you can ask for professional help. At least here in New York you can choose the moving company according to your standards and possibilities. They can give you tips about packing and unpacking. Even if you have some difficulties with cumbersome pieces of furniture, movers can help you with packing. We use http://dumbomoving.com/ services and I got good grades on their efficiency.

But, let me give you a friendly advise - make sure to lock your pet (if you have one) in the bathroom or in some safe place. Pets can become very aggressive in the middle of all that chaos. By placing them in the bathroom, you will allow movers do their job smoothly.

Also, if you have children, take good care of them, because there are lots of ways to injure themselves while moving. The best solution would be to ask some friends or family to look after them.

Once you get to Brooklyn, you'll adore it for sure. It's only a meter of time.

Let us know your first impression :) How does it feel to live in a different part of NYC?

Pokrenite novu temuReplicirajte Strana 1 od 1   [ 5 posts ]

Ko trenutno putuje

Putnika pretražuje forum: Nema registrovanih korisnika i 2 putnika