Kamenica village and Stara planina Nature Park is the right place if You want to feel total isolation and the atmosphere of the first half of XX century. Historic farm breeding 4 collections of Balkan autochthonous breeds is very appropriate place for hikers, bikers and all people willing to be near wild nature and undiscovered Balkan rural heritage.
The farm offers a guest house renovated in traditional architectural style in a village with only 10 inhabitants. The house has two bedrooms with 7 beds total, and 2 bathrooms; a dinning room for 30 people; a kitchen; large balcony, big backyard and museum room.
Farm buildings and farm animals are located 6km far from the guest house. The farm has a water meal, traditional wool processing facility and other old architecture facilities.
Conservation of Balkan domestic animal genetic resources is the mission of the farm. The Ivanov Family breeds Karakachan sheep and it’s linked with farmers breeding Domestic Mountain Pony, Balkan Donkeys, Busha Cattle, Water Buffalo, Pirot Zackel Sheep and Balkan Goat. The Karakachan Sheep flock, which is the most primitive sheep breed of South Eastern Europe , is one of two remaining flocks of this breed in Serbia.
• Bed & Breakfast or self catering (7 beds, 30 places in the dinning room);
• Organization of interpretation programs about local rural heritage, history, nature park values and autochthonous breeds and traditional processing;
• Horse Back riding / Endurance activities in cooperation with partner farms of “Natura Balkanika” Nature Society;
• Organization of hiking tours with donkeys for carrying the tourist bags;
• Camping with renting of the camping equipment;
• Sightseeing of the Stara Planina Nature Park (with 4WD, horses, donkeys…)
• “ A day with the shepherd”;
• Paleontology sites visits
The farm has phone line and internet connection.
The farm is situated 33km North from Dimitrovgrad ( Republic of Serbia ), inside the Stara PLanina Nature Park. Dimitrovgrad is situated 5 km from the Bulgarian border, on the main road Belgrade – Nis – Sofia. Dimitrovgrad is 60km far from Sofia (Bulgarian capitol) and 330km far from Belgrade (Serbian capitol). There is one hour drive from Dimitrovgrad to Kamenica village.
Jovanka i Sergej Ivanov
Mob 1: +381 (0) 6 9 461 20 71
Mob 2: +381 (0) 63 461 20 7 0
18320 Dimitrovgrad , Serbia
Prices: Renting of the entire house is 30 € per day, or 8 € per person per night.
The farm is situated 33km North from Dimitrovgrad ( Republic of Serbia ), inside the Stara PLanina Nature Park. Dimitrovgrad is situated 5 km from the Bulgarian border, on the main road Belgrade – Nis – Sofia.